Wednesday, November 26, 2014

About Me



Welcome! I'm Marie and I am currently a Production Manager at Sephora. I graduated from UC Berkeley with a Bachelor's in Political Science and didn't quite follow that path of becoming a lawyer like I thought I would. Who would have thought that I would end up in the cosmetics industry instead? I guess sometimes life has a different plan altogether then you plan but I can't say that I am un-happy with where I am at :) 

For those of you wondering what my ethnic background is, I am Tongan and proud of it! I am a first generation here in the US. My parents are from the beautiful island of Tonga. Tonga is a Polynesian soverign state in the Pacific Islands...google it, you will be amazed by the beautiful landscape, I promise. 

I love all things beauty, health and fitness! I started this blog because my beautiful aunt asked me to start a blog on all of the products that I use and here I am writing about products that I love and to also talk about health and fitness. 

How I became a beauty fanatic:

I've always loved makeup but being from a strict Polynesian background, I was not allowed to wear makeup till college. It was not till 8 years ago after graduating from college I was jobless and after a fight with a now ex-boyfriend, I decided to "treat" myself to a shopping spree at my local Sephora. That same day, I was recruited by the assistant manager, and that was that was the beginning of my obsession with beauty products!

How I became a fitness junkie:

It was around November 2012, I was 28 and completely overweight, weighing in at about 225lbs. I knew at that point that by my 30th birthday that I wanted to get back to my "high school weight". From that point on I began my journey of the "fit-life" and am still continuing on it. 

I hope that you enjoy reading my blog!

Ofas, 

Marie 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marie! Congrats on starting a blog. Just read your posts and enjoyed what I read. Keep up the great work! Nate and I both miss you! Hope you're doing well <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie! Thank you :) It is kind of just a hobby to keep me occupied and really because my aunt talked me into it so we will see how it goes. lol. Still trying to figure out certain things. I miss you guys too and I hope that all is well with you both! xo

      Delete