Thursday, January 15, 2015

Fitness: Throwback Thursday #TBT

My transformation...


   

#tbt yep that's me right there on the left when I was at my heaviest about 3 years ago weighing in at 225 lbs! I almost do not recognize myself looking at that picture.  I was extremely overweight, couldn't walk long distances without easily getting exhausted and be completely out of breath. I had lost my self confidence and absolutely hated taking pictures especially full length photos that highlighted my thunder thighs...see point of reference above ;) I've learned to appreciate my body much more now and vow to take better care of it because of how hard I've worked to be where I am at now. Although the process of losing the weight was not easy, it was well worth it because it reminds me that anything with determination and consistency is possible! I get a lot of questions on how I lost the weight and there is no secret to it. I did it the good old fashion way of eating healthier and working out routinely. Not saying this is the only way to lose weight because everyone has different bodies and health concerns but I can assure you that each and every person who has lost and kept off the weight will say that they had to become more active and change their eating habits. You've got to make it a lifestyle folks! It's not easy but it can be done! 

Best part about losing the weight? Gaining my self confidence back...oh, and being able to fit my polynesian calves into tall boots. If you have big calves like I used to, you know the struggle is real. 


Have a blessed night loves! 




No comments:

Post a Comment