Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Review: Ole Henriksen Melting Cleanser


Last month, while traveling to Rome, I brought with me the new Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser.  With limited space in my suitcase, I was stuck between choosing whether I can fit an extra pair of shoes OR taking my full size makeup remover + full size cleanser. Obviously, the shoes won out...I'm a girl after all and an extra pair of shoes trumps everything (who cares that I didn’t end up wearing those extra pair of shoes? lol #storyofmylife) Anyway, I had heard so much about this new, melting cleanser and wanted to know what all of the hype was. I am typically not a fan of oil based cleansers, because of the messy consistency and because it requires more steps than I normally care for in my skincare regimen, but, I took a leap of faith and tried it out. 

To start, this cleanser is not like any other -- it is gel formulated and is oil based. Applied directly to dry skin, the gel breaks down into an oil like consistency and emulsifies into a milky liquid once water is added. Melting away all makeup and impurities the cleanser leaves the skin hydrated and brightened with key ingredients: rose hip oil (hydrates) , virgin cherry oil (cuts down redness) , and vitamin c (brightens). 

Overall, I was happy that I took this cleanser on my trip and would recommend this product for anyone who wants to kill two birds with one stone.  Remove your makeup and cleanse your skin at the same time, it’s pretty genius! 

Pros: 
  • Gel based consistency keeps the cleanser in tact unlike most oil cleansers - duh it’s a gel ;)
  • Removes any type of makeup including waterproof makeup
  • Leaves the skin feeling hydrated+ radiant.

Cons:
  • Not for anyone who likes the squeaky clean, “dry” feeling after cleansing. This cleanser hydrates and will not give you that feel. 
  • If you’re not into using a wash cloth - this cleanser is not for you. Although the cleanser melts off all of the makeup and impurities, you MUST use a wash cloth to wipe off all of that melted matter from your face. 

If this is your first time trying out an oil cleanser, buy the travel size. It’s $12 and you get so much product for what you are spending. Try it out and let me know your thoughts! Happy Cleansing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment